Framfot provides customized education for people and business. After getting familiar with the company i had the privelege of shaping the updated version of the company website. After a few meetings about hopes and dreams for the project we were ready for take off.
To know who i was designing for, i started out with some target group research. I gathered data from Google Analytics, watched videos on website behaviour from Hotjar and did some intervju with my colleagues who knew the audience well. From this data i created a persona to always remind myself of the audience. The main challenge were the visual hierarchy since the old page had a lot of information to consider.
Next step - the inventory of the original website. I created a visual map with the page-structure. We soon realized we had a lot of pages that wasn't relevant for the audience. With weak traffic, high bouncerate and no conversions we could save both speed and confusion by removing them. Also because of SEO, we had some external help with the URL-structure in this part of the process.
Wireframing & Prototyping
Once the page-tree was set i began sketching wireframes for a clean structured foundation. Shortly after i moved on to the mockups and finally to the prototyping of the project for 'touch & feel' before testing.
For the testing-process we had the new website uploaded on a live testing-server. We put some questions in a digital survery and gathered a small testing-group.
Some smaller adjustment and we were good to go! Following up the new site the numbers looked great. Compared with previous 6 month - main goal increased 24% and the second goal increased with 500%.